no olives or pickles

I am currently on Combivir, Sustiva, and Viread. Ever since I started this regiman, I haven't been able to digest olives or pickes. Cucumbers yes, but not pickles. My guess is because of the acid in olives and pickles. Even if I chew them up reeeeally good, I will most definitly be bringing them back up the next morning. Could it be the meds that are changeing something in my belly and not letting me tolerate them? Any suggestion or what i can do so I don't have to give up 2 of my favorite foods? oh and also, sometimes (not all the time) I'm sick in the morning after cold cereal with milk or after I eat some chocolate. Again, it waits until the next day, and then I'm huggin' the toilet bowl. I'm a woman, and I NEED my chocolate!

thanks in advance for your reply.

Response from Dr. Conway

Assuming you are not pregnant, I am a bit stumped here.

It appears to me that you have a number of issues with intolerance to food other than the olives and the pickles.

There is no inherent reason your medications are doing this to you. Try antacids after your favorite foods (a calcium-containing one would also give you something your body needs anyway!!!) and see if this helps.

neuropathy: psych meds vs. pain management meds
Tremors as side effect?