Finger/Toe nail Fungal Infection

I love your site...it allows me a rare opportunity to learn from others about the management of my general health and HIV/AIDS in particular. Thank you. My question relates to finger and toe-nail fungal infection. Many of my toe-nails and one finger nail have become soft, flaky whiteish in color and just plain unsightly to look at. Years ago I took Lamasil pills for several months with little improvement. I was concerned about the potential of liver damage due to this medication. I have been on Sustiva/Viread/Epivir regimen for the past year. My bloodwork has been pretty decent (625 CD-4 and 521 Viral Load ) over the last few years.

Can you recommend any treatment for this kind of nail infection ?

Nail-less in San Diego

Nothing works great or quickly. Terfinafine, itraconazole or fluconazole are among the options. They should be OK with your current HIV regimen though I would watch for liver and other adverse effects. I often seek the assistance of a podiatrist/dermatologist in tough cases. KH

HIV+brod
Peripheral Neuropathy / D4T