Neuropathy in my feet

Hello For many years I have had some significant neuropathy in my feet. My Doc and I have tried to eliminate the "D" drugs in an effort to stop this. I am still on a low dose of ddi, as this seems to be one drug that I have some sensitivity to. I have taken neurontin for some time. I am taking 900mg a day. He recently told me to double this and we will see if the situation gets any better. My question is this: he also told me to pick up some Zostrix cream and to try that as well. Do you know if that is effective?

Thanks

PS. Also, if you have any other suggestions for me I would appreciate it.

Getting off the D drugs is stil a good idea. Increased Neurontin may help. Zostrix /lidocaine topical helps some. Use of vitamins/mineral/anti-oxidants may help some (see John Kaiser's book Healing HIV or the www.daair.org website for some ideas). Getting help from a pain specialist is often helpful for me. KH

muscle
Abdominal Rash