|Opportunistic Infection Change
Sep 5, 2003
Hello, Body positive experts! A powerpoint slide presentation on the Internet, from the NIH, mentioned that the OI "PCP" was changed to "pneumocystis jiroveci", after a Czech pathologist. Yet, as an educator for the Philadelphia Dept. of Public Health, I have not heard anything official from CDC about this name change. Any thoughts or facts? Thank you so much.
| Response from Dr. Henry
The official name as changed as you highlight but the abbreviation for now (PCP) is staying the same. In the future you will be seeing the new name more and more. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Chlamydia Cause Genital Warts?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.