How long will my neuropathy last?

About 3 weeks ago, after being on Fuzeon for about 6 weeks, I developed neuropathy, with numb toes and slightly numb fingers. Fuzeon D/C'd and started on Neurontin, 300 tid to 600 tid for 2 1/2 weeks with no improvement. Then Zerit (which I had been on for 2 years with no problem) D/C'd, and added 100mg Amitriptyline plus 200mg Dilantin hs. No improvement now after 3 weeks on Neurontin, and a little worse.

What are the chances the neuropathy will resolve, and how long is it likely to take?

It is somewhat unusual for drug related neuropathy to develop quickly and simultaneously in both the hands and feet. Zewit would be somewhat more likely to be involved than the Fuzeon. Drug related peripheral neuropathy can resolve quite slowly (months and months) and may get worse for another month or two before getting better. Occasionally the neuropathy does not improve which is very exasperating. KH

sustiva/combivir side effects
Blew off a dose