How long off Ziagen

A friend of mine, honestly a friend, told me he'd not been able to get his Ziagen refilled due to paperwork problems in KS (big surprise!) He'd gone without Ziagen for seven doses (3 1/2 days). I told him to call his doc immediately and his doc told him to buy some himself and start taking it. I gave him a seven day supply of my Ziagen, but I'm concerned about this "How long after you stop taking Ziagen can you go before taking it again could kill you?"

If a person stops taking Ziagen because their supply runs out when they were tolerating it well (no side effects) then it is generally safe to restart it again. The issue of the hypersensitivity reaction is more complex if the drug is stopped when the patient is experiencing symptoms such as rash/fever/cough/stomach pains which could have been the hypersensitivity reaction (usually occurs in first 6 weeks on Ziagen). KH

TB and HIV
headaches