no olives or pickles

I am currently on Combivir, Sustiva, and Viread. Ever since I started this regiman, I haven't been able to digest olives or pickes. Cucumbers yes, but not pickles. My guess is because of the acid in olives and pickles. Even if I chew them up reeeeally good, I will most definitly be bringing them back up the next morning. Could it be the meds that are changeing something in my belly and not letting me tolerate them? Any suggestion or what i can do so i don't have to give up 2 of my favorite foods? oh and also, sometimes (not all the time) im sick in the morning after cold cereal with milk or after i eat some chocolate. again, it waits til the next day, and then im huggin the toilet bowl. Im i woman, I NEED chocolate lol

thanks in advance for your reply.

I have had patient inexplicably develop intolerance to certain specific foods like you describe after starting HIV meds. Sometimes BEANO has helped (though I don't know why) as well as an acid inhibitor (such as ranitidine) seems to help some folks. Some people have switched to taking their Sustiva in the AM to see if that helps. You may want to discuss with your HIV doc and/or a GI specialist. KH

doubled up on meds, accidently
Tremors as side effect?