re: Toxic Trauma

to the reader who wrote in this question...if you have been off your meds for a few months, you may be experiencing a "viral rebound syndrome". this happened to me twice when i went off my meds this year. i have also been off and on meds for years and this is the first time i have ever felt worse off the meds than on them. my symptoms promptly dissappeared when i resumed my meds and my viral load fell. do a search on "HIV viral rebound syndrome" for more info.

There is not much data published on that since the concept of stopping effective treatment is still new and not a general practice. Buried in several papers/studies is data about the rate of rebound HIV syndrome which has averaged from 5-almost 10% (defined as symptoms resembling primary infection). I have had several patients in STI trials who have experienced that so STIs as we now do them are not a good fit for them. Future studies may look at immune modulators such as cyclosporine or mycophenolate as a way to decrease T-cell activation and perhaps blunt the rebound phenomenon. KH

novir and starlix
Triomune side effects