Aug 27, 2003
Dear Dr Henry, I was taking nevaripine/3tc/azt, I am now taking nevaripine/3tc/abacavir, i have been taking this combo now for over 2 week (16days)without any problems or side effects. I am abit concerend about Abacavir as some people have bad reactions, do you think i am tolorating this new med well and should not have to worry about allegic reactions. Many thanks for your advice Mark
Response from Dr. Henry
The vast majority of abacavir hypersensitivity reactions occur in the first 6 weeks of treatment. If you reach that milestone still without problems then the chances are good that you and abacavir are a good fit. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Balls After Touching Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.