itchy skin and hair loss - fungus?

I stopped taking antiviral medication in early May due to side-effects and my doctor and I decided that since my T-cell level was high (over 500) and viral load was undetectable, that I should stay off meds until the numbers indicated a return. In the past few weeks I've had a significant amount of body itching with very irritated skin around my eyes. The dermatologist has given me corticosteroid creams which have helped the eye area some. I also have an itchy scalp and have just realised that I am losing my hair. I'm wondering if this could all be a fungal infection? Or what could it be?

Response from Dr. Boyle

Well, that's tough to say without seeing it. A fungal infection is a possiblity, but so are many, many other things. Give your dermatologist a call and let him/her have another look. They're experts and could be a lot more helpful than I can be, especially since they can actually see it.

Bowels have a mind of their own
what to expect