|Lipids in English
Aug 7, 2003
What exactly do you mean when you say someone has high lipid? How would you define lipids in regular English?
Response from Dr. Henry
Lipids refers to the fat family of substances found in the bloodstream. Lipids include the major categoriesof fat= cholesterol (both good= HDL and bad= LDL) and triglycerides. Generally speaking excessive levels of lipids are not good and can lead to accelerated heart disease over time. KH
Still Don't Understand
- How Many Time Does It Take To Have Sex With A Person Hiv Positive For You To Get It?
- Can Women Catch Hiv Letting Someone Eat Their Vagina?
- Hiv Vaginal Fluid Outside Body
- Swollen Armpit Sweat Glands And Signs Of Hiv
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted Through Touching A Blood Contaminated Surface?
- Hiv Nat Window Period
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.