Still Don't Understand
Aug 7, 2003
You answer my Question the other day about My V Load being so low and having hiv for years. You said something about Non-B Virus Variat..Could you Please tell me what That means Non B virus Varitat
Response from Dr. Henry
Most of the information available about HIV comes from studies in North America/Europe/Australia where most of the virus has been subtype B (categorized by analysis of envelop or outer portion of the virus). Some non-B HIV may be missed by some of the HIV viral load tests though there are steady improvements in the ability to measure non-B virus. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.