Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Medivir 310 -- Where is it ???
Aug 2, 2003

Would you please post the location of the current trial sites for Medivir 310? Medivir 310 is supposed to help patients with highly resistant virus.

This drug needs to be brought into Phase III Trials and given accelerated approval status by the FDA.

I have highly resistant virus and have run out of options. I am currently taking T-20, Delavirdine, 3tc, Rescriptor, etc and have been on this regimen for the past 18 months. I have never done Kaletra, but have previously developed high level resistance to all proteases.

Any help with getting into this trial would be appreciated.

Thanks, ZCorker <rjs4you@netzero.net>

Response from Dr. Henry

Medivir 310 is a candidate NNRTI class anti-HIV drug being developed for activity against NNRTI resistant virus. I do not know where in the US early studies are underway. You might try contacting Boehringer-Ingelheim (they may be involved in the development process) or contact the company directly. If anyone reading this has specific information, please let me know! KH

Previous
HIV Drugs, Cholesterol, Diabetes
Next
Enroll in a Clinical Trial if INfected!!! Please Post!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.