Atazanavir & yellow eyes

I started taking 400 mg of atazanavir daily on 7/21. Since then, my eyes have already started turning yellow due to the build up of bilirubin. I notified my doctor & will have liver tests done to make sure everything is ok, but they're pretty confident it is just a cosmetic side effect. I had to increase my dosage of atazanavir by 200 mgs a few days ago due to the fact that I am also on Viread, which sometimes makes the atazanavir levels less effective. Is there anything I can do to lessen the yellowing of my eyes besides stopping the meds? Is there anything I can take, drink or put in my eyes that would help? I don't mean to appear vain, but people at work are being to stare and question me about my eyes. I appreciate any advise you can give. Thank you for all that you do every day to help us with HIV/AIDS. It means alot to me!

Response from Dr. Boyle

Other than stopping the atazanavir, I'm not aware of anything that can be done to hide the yellowing of your eyes. Fortunately, your doctor is correct that it is only a cosmetic problem and is not an indication of any toxicity, liver or otherwise.

skin problems
Hiv Death on Rise Again