Invirase and Body Aches

I have been hiv+ for two years and I have recently switched from Fortavse to Invirase. Since the switch I have noticed that I have severe muscle aches and leg cramps. Sometimes I hurt so bad that I can barely get up and to bend down and pick up something is out of the question. I experience the worst periods since this switch as well. My mother seems to think that when I eat alot of chocolate or sweets that this condition flares up worts, but I am not sure. Are there any medicines that I could take to help with this. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't mention what other HIV/non-HIV medications you are taking. Is there any evidence for muscle inflammation (blood test)? I assume your electrolytes (salt balance) are OK? Your HIV doc can evaluate whether the problem is muscle or nerve in origin and try to devise a therapy plan. Most patients do as well or better with Invirase as Fortovase (with ritonavir boosting). Peripheral neuropathy can occasionally occur with Invirase yet not seen with Fortovase. AZT particularly can cause muscle problems while the D drugs (and even 3TC) can bother the perpheral nerves. Smoking and other condictions can also impact the situation so a good history and examination are key to sorting out.

KH

Skin Rash
Pain in side like'stitch'