Skin Rash

Info: Viral Load undetectible T-cells 520 Taking Kaletra, AZT and Videx-EC Problem: I have developed a rash on my shoulders chest and back. The rash looks like little red bumps all over with an almost white head. I was at an opening to a club/restraunt a few days ago. The temperature was 110 outside and about 90 inside (Plus VERY humid). My point is, for about 4 hours I was sweating a lot in my jacket. I found a rash website and the rash looks a lot like Miliaria. Are there other HIV related rashes that it could be. Appreciate all the help you offer. BC

Response from Dr. Boyle

Given you T-cells and description of the rash, it is very unlikely to be HIV related. Since it developed after prolonged exposure to the heat and is in a shirt-like pattern, it may be a heat rash, an allergic reaction to something in your shirt or perhaps a mild folliculitis. If it does not resolve in short order, or if it spreads further, you should have someone take a look at it.

Skin rash
Invirase and Body Aches