Skin rash

I have been off meds for almost a year now. My CD4 count has dropped from 600 to about 350. My treatment was interrupted due to toxicity but I will be back on meds in due time. My biggest problem is that I have a very dry skin & it keeps flaking, including my scalp. This is very frustrating as it looks like I have uncontrollable dandruff. I've also noticed that my skin has become sensitive and I think that maybe it's from using steroid creams for the rash I sometimes get. Can you please recommend something for my dry and flaky skin, especially for my scalp because I've even had to cut my hair (and I'm a female). Sometimes I can even see flakes on my clothes whenever I'm wearing dark clothes. It's very scary for me. HELP!!!

Response from Dr. Boyle

While there are numerous creams and lotions for dry skin (many of my patients benefit from Lubriderm or Lac-Hydrin), but the first thing you need to do is figure out what the problem is. Given the severity of the problem, I would suggest that you see a dermatologist, who can both provide a diagnosis and recommend an appropriate treatment.

K65R Mutation
Skin Rash