digestive problems

I've been on Zerit, Ziagen, and Viramune for over two years. Last year I developed stomach problems. I thought it was indigestion but an endoscopy showed food still in the stomach after 12 hrs of fasting. The results of the endoscopy showed nothing unusual. I frequently have problems digesting and food stays in my stomach for hours after a meal. Reglan does little. Is this some type of neuropathy affecting the digestive system?

I assume there is no evidence for diabetes or H pylori disease. Have you had a bowel transit study done? Localized neuropathy would be unusual but possible if nothing else is found. I would consider switching off first the Zerit for several months to see if there is any improvement. If not then consider switching off the Viramune-perhaps to a protease inhibitor which often speeds up the gut action--on a trial basis. KH

symptom related to my HIV status?
Dry Mouth