Burning foot? IBS?

Dear sirs; I am 40 and +ve. Diagnosed +ve on July 2001 my CD4 was 119 and started ombivir+ Sustiva. I am now CD4 290 and VL undetectable (March 2003). My foot is burning all the time specially day times. I have diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome and I couldn't understand whether the IBS or the 3TC is the major cause and seek advice on possible meds. I talk to my doc he insists to bear rather than change the 3TC. Please advise. Thank you very much for all the support you are providing.

The IBS would seem to be an unlikely cause of burning feet. A trial off 3TC (with perhaps Ziagen or Viread) would seem reasonable to sort out whether the 3TC is causing the neuropathy (can occur with 3TC but not commonly). I also recommend an evalulation by a neurologist. To pin down the nature of the neuropathy. Neuropathy is a problem that causes major quality of life issues so sorting out the cause and trying to addres the root cause is usually a good idea. KH

sun sensitivity side effects
Ambien & celexia