crixavan kidney stones

I have been on Harrt since 1996 and have responded well to it.Viral load went to undetectable and my Cd 4 climed from 12 to 750. In April 2002 my blood test came back with a detectable Viral load. I added Norvair to the crixavan and combivar that I have been on since 1996. That combination sent my viral load back to undetectable. In September 2002 I started having trouble with kidney stones I retrived one and had it tested,and it was crixivan.I started drinking lots of water and cranberry juice, till November of 2002 but still no relief, So I switched to Klentra and stoped the Norvair and crixivan. I was tested in May of 2003 and my Cd 4 has droped to 400 and my vivral load ias now detecable. The crixivan was still working when I went off it,but the pain of the kidney stones was just to much to take. What would be a good combination to switch to ?

What to switch to is a complicated issue that needs to be individualized. If possible a resistance test should be done to see if the Kaletra is still active or is the problem resistance to other drugs (Combivir). Usually resistance on Combivir + Kaletra is due to the Combivir not working. With your history of kidney stones I would try to avoid the Crixivan. Often switching the NRTIs around (based on resistance testing) or adding a drug such as tenofoir or abacavir or an NNRTI would re-suppress the virus. I am more often also using double boosted PI regimens (such as Kaletra + saquinavir or amprenavir or indinavir). KH

Antioxidants and oxidative stress.
Statistics about feelings