Jun 23, 2003
Do you think everyone should get off the older protease inhibitors even if they are doing well and if not, why not?
Response from Dr. Boyle
While there are many advantages to the newer PIs and to ritonavir-boosted PIs, not everyone needs to switch to them. Each patient should be informed of the risks and benefits associated with these medications and then, in consultation with their doctor, decide if a switch would be appropriate.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Systems Of The Body Do Shingles Affect?
- What Kind Of Doctor Treats Shingles?
- What Are The Stages Of Chlamydia?
- Typical Acute Retroviral Syndrome Disease Progression
- Topical Home Remedies For Genital Herpes Sores
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.