Floaters in the eyes

I've seen mention of floaters here before; however, consider that some of the medications we take may irritate the lining in the eye, and perhaps that could also cause floaters.

I have some that are driving me absolutely crazy. I work on computers and am an artist and I like to read, so the problem is pervasive.

I've seem some herbal treatments that are geared toward stimulating the fluid flow and tissue of the eye, and also a laser procedure.

Most of the eye docs I see just shrug their shoulders and say there's nothing that can be done, which I don't believe.

I'd be grateful to any suggestions, and I can imagine other hiv+ people may suffer from this symptom as well.

Floaters are very common in the general population. It is unclear to me whether the incidence is higher in HIV+ patients. In the absence of serious HIV-related conditions (CMV retinitis for example), I am not sure there is anything unique about floaters (after a good dilated exam by an ophthalmologist) in HIV+ patients. Floaters are a common and frustrating problem which relate to mechanics of the vitreous fluid. As far as I know, for the vast majority of floaters there is nothing that is helpful that I can suggest! KH

Testosterone effects
large "acne-like" blisters on face, neck and scalp!