|Drug interactions; Efavirenz and rifampicin
Jun 19, 2003
I have a patient whose CD4 count was 8 and has Pulmonary Tuberculosis,I have started her on treatment for TB 2EHRZ/6EH and considering to start her on given that she is severely immune suppresed.This regimen is suggested;3TC+D4T+EFV She is 60kg. My concern is what dose of Efavirenz would you recommend given that she is on Rifampicin,600mg or we should step it up to 800mg, what is the recommended option
| Response from Dr. Boyle
The recommended dose of efavirenz in a patient on rifampin is 800mg daily, and that is what I would give.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sinus Infection An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Can You Contract HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.