|Drug interactions; Efavirenz and rifampicin
Jun 19, 2003
I have a patient whose CD4 count was 8 and has Pulmonary Tuberculosis,I have started her on treatment for TB 2EHRZ/6EH and considering to start her on given that she is severely immune suppresed.This regimen is suggested;3TC+D4T+EFV She is 60kg. My concern is what dose of Efavirenz would you recommend given that she is on Rifampicin,600mg or we should step it up to 800mg, what is the recommended option
Response from Dr. Boyle
The recommended dose of efavirenz in a patient on rifampin is 800mg daily, and that is what I would give.
- Sinus Infection After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can I Use Vinegar To Find Out If I Have Std?
- Can You Get Pubic Lice If You Have No Pubic Hair?
- How Long Does Chlamydia Last After Treatment?
- Have You Ever Seen A 3 Month Negative Turn Positive
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.