T20 Soreness Relief

Hello ....

I have recently learned about T20 (Tenofovir). I understand that a bothersome side-effect is the soreness that comes as a result of the daily injections. Do you know of any relief for the soreness? I have searched through various forums on the Internet, but I have not been able to find anything regarding a remedy for soreness.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely, Brian

T-20= enfuvirtide (Fuzeon) which is a recently FDA approved fusion inhibitor active against HIV. It is administered usually at a dose of 90 mg subcutaneously twice a day. Injection site reactions (ISRs) are the most common side effect. They are usually mild and resulted in stopping T-20 in about 3% of persons during the first 6 months of therapy in the clinical trials utilizing T-20. Rotating sites, icing, massaging-all help to some degree. Tolerability ranges widely but most find the ISRs annoying but tolerable. The cost is about $20,000/year. In the key studies patients took an average of 4 other HIV drugs in their regimen. KH

bumps on tongue and throat
Nails and skin