bumps on tongue and throat

I have recently noticed bumps on the back of my tongue and down my throat causing a severe sore throat when I swallow. I went to the doc about 3 weeks ago and he said thrush had set in on my tongue 3weeks of diflucan now these bumps? Any idea, they are rather large and I can feel them goin down my throat when I stick my finger down the throat. I am scared and called my infectious disiese spec. he said he'd see me soon but am goin to my general prac doc on monday maybe. thxx for any info

It would be useful to know your HIV status, which drugs you are on, most recent CD4 count, whether a brushing of the tongue was done to look for Candida, etc. Many conditions can impact the tongue besides thrush (yeast infection). If you have thrush usually Diflucan is helpful unless you have been on Diflucan alot (in which case there may be some resistance). In my experience bumps on the tongue as you describe are often not due to thrush so seeing your ID doc and an HIV experienced dentist or ENT doc would be a good idea. KH

Hep C+HIV, Edema
T20 Soreness Relief