Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

bumps on tongue and throat
Jun 18, 2003

I have recently noticed bumps on the back of my tongue and down my throat causing a severe sore throat when I swallow. I went to the doc about 3 weeks ago and he said thrush had set in on my tongue 3weeks of diflucan now these bumps? Any idea, they are rather large and I can feel them goin down my throat when I stick my finger down the throat. I am scared and called my infectious disiese spec. he said he'd see me soon but am goin to my general prac doc on monday maybe. thxx for any info

Response from Dr. Henry

It would be useful to know your HIV status, which drugs you are on, most recent CD4 count, whether a brushing of the tongue was done to look for Candida, etc. Many conditions can impact the tongue besides thrush (yeast infection). If you have thrush usually Diflucan is helpful unless you have been on Diflucan alot (in which case there may be some resistance). In my experience bumps on the tongue as you describe are often not due to thrush so seeing your ID doc and an HIV experienced dentist or ENT doc would be a good idea. KH

Previous
Hep C+HIV, Edema
Next
T20 Soreness Relief

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.