|Yellow fever enoculation
Jun 14, 2003
Will a yellow fever injection (being enoculated against it) have any effect on someone who is hiv positive?
| Response from Dr. Henry
The yellow fever vaccine is a live virus vaccine so it is not recommended for use in HIV+ patients will CD4 counts < 200 or diagnosed with AIDS. If the CD4 count is reasonable (i.e. > 350) then use in HIV+ persons is considered OK. I have not seen any data on whether the yellow fever vaccine actually prevents yellow fever in HIV+ persons (what is the response to vaccine) so I can't comment on its efficacy in that populaton. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bronchitis After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Drinking Water Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.