popping veins

At times I get pain from calves down to feet. Feels almost similar to a Charlie Horse in the amount of pain. Right then I notice the veins in legs are protruding very much at pain time. What is the correlation? Co-infected and on Peg-Intron, Viread, Epivir, AZT, methadone 60 mgs per day for chronic pain.

Are you also on ribavirin (could be a problem with AZT)? Have you seen a good neurologist and/or pain specialist to get some help (I often refer to those specialist to get help in situations like yours). 3TC can aggravate neuropathy in some cases as well. Have you been checked for myopathy (AZT can cause)? Muscle spasms in legs could make the veins pop out and be more sensitive. KH

FUNGAL INFECTION
Taking AZT out of combo