FUNGAL INFECTION

I JUST TESTED HIV POSITIVE SIX MONTHS AGO. MY PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE GOT DARK SPOT ON MY SKIN AND MY DOCTOR SAID THIS HAS NOTHING TO TO WITH HIV. MY SKIN SPECIALIST SAID IT IS PSIRIASIS. I AM ON TREATMENT FOR THIS BUT THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE( NOT GETTING BETTER)....MY CD4 COUT WAS 5300 AND VIRAL LOAD WAS 1600. BEFORE I WENT TO MY SKIN SPECIALIST I WENT TO A GENERAL PRACTITIONER AND SHE SAIS IS A FUNGAL INFECTION. PLEASE ADVICE ME WHAT TO DO.

It is often difficult to diagnose and treat some skin conditions whether a person is HIV+ or not. A skin biopsy or scraping is often needed to pin down a diagnosis. If fungus is seen then local or sometimes pill treatment over weeks/months usually will clear that up. Psoriasis is common in the general populations and may be aggravatged in the setting of HIV infection. It too can be difficult to treat and tends to return. If you haven't had a skin biopsy and/or scraping I would see if your dermatologist would do that to try and reach the most accurate diagnosis possible. KH

Explosive Diarrhea
popping veins