|Alpha Lipoic Acid
Jun 1, 2003
Are there any studies to support the use of Alpha Lipoic in the treatment of hiv or hiv drug related neuropathies -- including numbness, tingling, pain, etc?
| Response from Dr. Henry
I have not seen a convincing study documenting benefit of alpha lipoic acid (an anti-oxidant)for HIV neuropathies. For some ideas about the use of alternative approaches for neuropathy I suggest checking out www.daair.org or Jon Kaiser's book Healing HIV. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Transmission Risk
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Sex With Stripper?
- Does Itchy Skin Mean I Have AIDS?
- Flaky Skin Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Urethra After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.