|Alpha Lipoic Acid
Jun 1, 2003
Are there any studies to support the use of Alpha Lipoic in the treatment of hiv or hiv drug related neuropathies -- including numbness, tingling, pain, etc?
| Response from Dr. Henry
I have not seen a convincing study documenting benefit of alpha lipoic acid (an anti-oxidant)for HIV neuropathies. For some ideas about the use of alternative approaches for neuropathy I suggest checking out www.daair.org or Jon Kaiser's book Healing HIV. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Antibiotics Used To Treat Gonorrhea And Chlamydia
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.