maximum dossage? - BY

i was diagnosed with add in fourth grade, and put on ritalyn which i took until the end of my freshman year of high school when my mother took me off of it because she believed that it was adding to my depression. i was then put on dexadrine which i've been taking since.(i'm now a freshman in college)...i've noticed that the effects of the drug have slowly decreased and i've increased my dossage simultaneously. i have not told my doctor about exactly how much i'm taking at this point, because i was under the impression that the dossage he's prescribed is the maximum dossage that he'll allowed to prescribe...which is not enough. i am now taking either 15mg of the regular capsules or 2 15mg capsules of the time-release pills (at once)...i've noticed that the effects of taking the drug vs. not taking it are incredibly severe and it has recently come to my attention that a medication such as this one can have very damaging effects to your body and your mental state, and i'm concerned that this could happen to me. however, when i do not take the drug, i'm completely inept and irresponsible. i can't convince myself to actually do any serious work without the drug..i'm completely useless when it comes to being productive when i don't have it and am unwilling at this time to discontinue taking it which is why i won't discuss it with my doctor. however, if a serious case can be made to me that my dossage of this medication will be seriously damaging to myself, i would be willing to pursue other alternatives to treating my add. but i feel that i need to make that decision, since i'm the one who will be affected by it. i am a 19 yr old female, and i weigh 150 lbs. i've been taking this medication for four years now. the dossage i'm prescribed for dexadrine is 1 5mg capsule or 1 15mg time release spansule.

There isn't any real interaction that I am aware of, and since ADD can be such a real issue (and since I am not an expert in this field), I would certainly defer to your ADD physician for advice. Good luck,BY

lymph nodes affecting pap
Neuropathy and initial HIV syndrome