Black spots on arm

I have gotten a rash about three weeks ago and thought nothing of it. Now the spots are dark and sore to the touch. I have tried to put A+D ointment on it and it helps and soothes it, but for some reason it wont go away. Now I have just one on my other forearms by my elbow. Which is where they are on both arms, 5 on one and one on the other. I have not gone to the dermatologist yet due to that cost, no insurance. I thought maybe it could be cancerous??? Not sure.

Response from Dr. Boyle

The information you provide isn't enough to make a definitive diagnosis, especially since you don't mention whether you are HIV-infected or, if you are, what your current CD4 count is but, but, as you describe it, it is unlikely to be skin cancer. What you are describing may be consistent with Kaposi's Sarcoma, but that usually does not suddently pop up in multiple spots but instead is slowly progressive. Still, you should go to a doctor and have it evaluated since your home remedies don't seem to be getting rid of it.

impaired trolerance
Sun sensitivity and multiple skin problems