No HIV - right to AIDS

My doctor is so busy that he doesn't take the little things serious. I feel like going off my Viracept and Cobivir just to shake up the numbers so he pays a little more attention to my case. I've been on the same cocktail well over a year. CD4s are 280 and Viral Load 50. Would doing this cause a permanent setback?

Stopping your HIV meds usually results in a viral rebound towards your pre-treatment level and the CD4 count starts heading towards the low level you have had. If your lowest level of CD4 is << 200 and/or you have been sick with AIDS in the past then stopping meds is not usually something I recommend (unless your HIV virus is resistant to all medications). If you are having some possible side effects on your current meds then sometimes they can be switched around to see if your symptoms resolve. Any symptom that you are having that is bothersome enough that you would consider stopping medications would not be considered "little things" but "big things" and should get your HIV docs attention! KH

Rayataz
Another PN question