Itching, Spots, Rashed

My meds "make me sick",so I had to stop taking them. My CD4 is now to 67, My viral load is in the 200,000, and now I have developed this horrible itch, that makes me almost scratch my skin to pieces, and little purple bumps appear after I've scratcfhed. The doctor says it looks like insect bites. NOT SO. Please give me a suggestion. I hate to decide to itch, or take the meds. Both are equally unpleasant. Nothing that I do stops the itching. Only when I am sleep am I not scratching. Can you PLEASE HELP?

There are many skin conditions associated wtih or aggravated by HIV infection. Eosinophilic folliculitis is a classic one that is associated with red bumps and often severe itching that can be difficult to treat. Use of antifungal pills and creams, steroid creams, antihistamines, UV light, sometime antibiotics--all help in some patients and depending on the details of each case. I often get help from a dermatologist with HIV experience in many situations. KH

Switching Meds
Combivir/Sustiva sun sensitivity