May 14, 2003
I am taking combiver/nevaripine with good results, I wanted to bring my cholestrol levels down as they are 7.7, i currently take fish oils, exercise and eat healthy and was advised to take garlic supplements such as natural unique. Would taking this cause any interactions with meds. Thanks for your advice
| Response from Dr. Henry
There is a concern that garlic could induce changes in liver metabolism which could decrease the levels of the nevirapine--I would not recommend use of garlic because of that. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Garlic Oil For Hiv And Herpes
- Will My Doctor Test Me For Herpes When I'm Pregnant?
- Will Kids Catch Genital Warts If Parents Have It?
- What Is The Earliest Time Frame Of Wart Formation After Exposure To Hpv?
- What Does A Herpes Blister Look Like?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Aids Or Hpv From Open Mouth Kissing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.