Red Spots on inner thigh

Dear Doc, I am Hiv +, for about 2 years now, Meds are working great. I have been lucky to have such a great infectious desiese doctor and good friends to be there for me, but i also freak everytime something doesnt look right. I have noticed two or three red spots on my inner thigh, and have a couple of bumps around my anus that are acne like but want go away. Im not scheduled to see my doctorfor another monthand this is recent so i was hoping you could help. I read about KS and i wasnt sure if that was what it was due to the fact that my Viral load is still undetectable and my T-cells are over 800. Please help if you can.

KS is rarely seen in patients that are doing as well as you are. Folliculitis, aggravation of acne-like skin disorders, and other infections (such as herpes) are seen in HIV+ patients including patients that are doing well. Those conditions can be a big nuisance and tough to treat. Most often they don't worsen but they don't clear up easily either. I often get an HIV interested dermatologist to help if I can't help the condition over several months. Anti-fungal meds or creams, steroid creams, sometimes low dose antibiotics--all help a subset of patients. I have a tough time knowing what is the best treatment so either go through a trial and error process or get help from the skin specialist. KH

Joint pain and neuropathy
side effects "unknown"(trial drugs)