|follow up ( #1 Cause of Death?)
May 11, 2003
You said "In my practice most of the liver deaths have been due to alcohol hepatitis and hepatitis C". I started meds about 2 months ago and am concerned about liver function problems (although all my tests are fine- on sustiva, viread and epivir). What is the incidence of liver failure from HIV drugs without co-factor of alcohol hepatitis or Hep C? Sorry..just a bit of a hypochondriac I'm afraid! Thank you!
| Response from Dr. Henry
The incidence of liver failure from HIV drugs alone is much less than 1 % (< 1 per 100). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When You Have A Herpes Outbreak Do You Get A Sore Throat?
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Treatments Can You Get For Hpv In Your Mouth?
- What Are All The Ways You Can Get Chlamydia?
- What Antibiotics Do For Peoples With Herpes?
- Is Tea Tree Oil To Cure Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.