heart disease runs in my family

My ex was just diagnosed with HIV+ after being hospitalized for PCP. I am pretty sure that since we have been together for many years that I have HIV too. Heart disease runs in my family on my mothers side, so does this mean that if I have HIV that I will have a greater chance that I will die of a heart attack or heart disease?

If you are HIV+ you are at risk for AIDS related problems. If your HIV care is good and you live to middle old age then heart disease and cancer are the major health risks. There is controversy (not settled) about whether HIV or its treatment increases the risk for heart disease. Any discussion on that subject would emphasize that the benefits of therapy hugely outweigh any concern about side effects. KH

RE: Long-term diarrhea...weaning off Nelfinavir