Hair Loss

Dr. Henry, Back in the beginning of the year, I submitted a question to you regarding hair loss associated from HIV meds, (posted Feb 6,2003, titled More Hair Loss)I gave a quick synopsis of my med regimine (Crixivan, Norvir, 3TC & AZT) I stopped that combination in Dec 02 and started Viread, Viramune and Ziagen. In your remarks to me, you stated that there are sometimes positive results when certain meds are stopped. You also said to let you know what happens over the next year. Well, I just wanted to report to you that since I wrote you, I have had a significant amount of my body hair grow back. My forearms, chest and genital area have about 50 to 75 of the hair it used to. My legs are beginning to show signs of recovery too. I can't tell you how good this makes me feel. I hope the trend continues. I will write you again in 6 months to give an update.

Thanks again.

Larry Z

Larry-wow-good to hear from you and thanks for actually providing some follow-up (helps me track how often my advice is a dud!). Glad to hear that you are getting some hair back with the change in meds. KH

Should I switch?
ANDROGEL