For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

lymph nodes affecting pap

thank you doctors. i just got results back from a pap smear...the lab said they were satisfactory and normal, but my doctor said there was enough inflammation to limit full viewing of my pap smear. could this inflammation be due to swollen lymph nodes in the groin? what is meant by inflammation and exactly what occurs in a pap smear? i know that swollen glands can be a sign of early HIV infection and I am really scared.

Swollen groin nodes may or may not have anything to do with inflammation in the cervical region. One would need more history and perform a full examination to properly comment further. KH

Allergies and HIV
maximum dossage? - BY