early signs of buffalo hump

I'm curious if there is any information regarding early signs of the buffalo hump? I've been on meds for a few months now including a protease inhibitor. Lately I have recurring pain or tension in my neck and upper back which wasn't there before treatment. I'm curious if this sounds like something that was noticed by people who did end up developing a buffalo hump. It's quite possible it's a psycosomatic thing where I am so worried about it that pain is beginning to develop there but...

Response from Dr. Bartlett

My patients tell me that they may notice symptoms earlier, but as you point out, it may be very difficult to sort out all of the issues. Check your profile in the mirror or ask a friend to look at you in profile- these may be the most sensitive ways to detect an early buffalo hump. Even if an early hump is present, you may not want to make any changes in your treatment if it is going well otherwise.

medication interaction?
Allergies and HIV