Overly aggressive meds regiment?

Hello Doctor....The following is my daily regiment for meds: kaletra, amprenivir, epivir, viread,and tricor because the aforementioned meds have increased my cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Although I have had moderately good results on this regiment, I have a chronic problem with increased bowel movements that have left me exhausted and fatigued. I have been on this regiment for the last two years, and it has been a chronic attempt to control my bowels. My doctor has prescribed a myriad of drugs that will supress the bowel movements, but none of them seem to work effectively. Having a history of G.I. problems, I am getting increasingly frustrated with these meds. I cannot fathom how these meds can be effective if they are not being absorbed. Should I be adamant about changing meds?

It is hard to say since that regimen is usually used in patients who have previously failed various regimens and have resistance virus. In that case options that would work from the virologic perspective may be tough for the patient to tolerate so a dilemma is created. You need to discuss with your HIV specialist whether you have some reasonable options that might still work to control HIV replication while being more gut friendly. KH

Megace, androgel, and testosterone levels
side effects from sustiva