flatulence

Hi Dr,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for my question but any advice would be helpful. I am female and have been HIV+ for many years. I have a problem which is preventing me from having any social outlets. I get a lot of diarrhoea etc and have to watch what I eat. But nothing seems to stop my flatulence. I am unable to cope with this. I can't even stay in the classroom for more than a short while without needing to get to the toilet because of gas. Is it safe to take products like Mintec and De - Gas which contains methyl and propyl hydroxybenzoates, capsules contain simethicone, if you have AIDS? Is there any natural product I can add to my diet to help with this?Iam not on any other meds - I am a diabetic.

Thank you

Response from Dr. Boyle

Yes, anti-gas medications can be used safely in HIV-positive patients. I am unaware of any natural product that has been proven to be effective for this problem.

recent studies on bone density loss
ATTN: Doctor