Side effects of Risperidone

Hi:

Is it possible that a patient who is on 1mg Risperidone per day can suffer severe skin conditions. For example the skin of the face down to about the breast level and around the same level down on the back look as if the patient has a severe case of "dry" psoriasis, accompanies by severe itching mostly when warm. The skin feels as if it has been "tightened or pulled" feels very "dry" and "papery". There are red circular "blotches" which appear raised like "welts". The condition feels better when moisturised but the skin dries out very quickly and the patient has to keep on moisturising the skin may be six to eight times daily. The face and the neck appear swollen in the morning.

Any ideas please. The patient is my wife.

Many thanks

Ashok

You don't provide any mention of what your wife's HIV situation is and what HIV meds she is on. I can provide more input once I have some more details (this site is for issues related to treatment of HIV). KH

More is Better Less Is Gooder ??
recent studies on bone density loss