re may combo

I was on Sustiva and developed symptoms and he changed me to Viread, Epivir and Zerit. I read the literature that one should be in combination of PI and NNRTI and NRI not on one combination alone can you tell me what should I do? My viral load is 7000 and CD4 is 350

Persons with lower viral loads can do well on a NRTI only regimen from the start in mnay cases. I often switch to NRTI only regimens after an induction phase with a NNRTI or PI containing regimen (in order to save other classes for later). If your viral load is 7000 after several months on the initial Sustiva based regimen I would be worried about resistance. I would not usually tolerate a viral load of 7000 during the first year or so on treatment since that is a set-up for resistance which in not a good idea when getting started on what hopefully will be decades of successful management. Viread + 3TC + D4t can be an OK regimen but not if there is some NRTI resistance. There is also increasing concern about metabolic effects of D4T when used long-term. Trizivir (AZT + 3TC + abacavir) +/- tenofovir is a reasonable NRTI only regimen in certain circumstances. KH

liver enzymes up with treatment
Neurontin treatment for neuroopathy