Sutiva/Combivir and stomach problems

Ive been on Sustiva and Combivir now for a year. Firstly, the weird dreams from Sustiva havent stopped, though Im used to them now - and in fact, I often wonder as I go to bed, what I will dream about tonight, and Im sure that if I could remember the dreams, I could write a best-seller My problem is though - after an attack of pancreatitis in February, my digestion has not settled down - I sitll get painful cramps and a lot of gas. Is this normal, and what can be done about it - I am loathe to switch medications when this combination is working so well - ie undetectable and 750 Cd4 count, a huge improvement over the inital 100k VL and 340 cd4

Pancreatitis due to your current regimen is not very common. If you changed meds I would not be sure that the next regimen would be any better/safer. AZT can cause lingering GI complaints in some patients so a switch to abacavir or tenofovir might be an option. I assume you have been checked for H pylori and other conditions (i.e. lactose intolerance). If you have evidence for pancreatic insufficiency a trial of pancreatic replacement enzymes often is helpful on a trial basis. KH

Doctor reference for HCG and Arimidex
HIV patient