|more on insct bites
Apr 6, 2003
I recently tested pos. after a neg test one year ago. Two weeks before I got my hiv test, I got insect (spider bites) and they got infected (full of puss). The er dr gave me antibiotics. He did not know I was pos (nor did I aty that point). Is this reaction to the bites likley limked to me pos status? I never recall having a spider bite before and clearly never had such a reaction. And I thought it was just that I am not used to some California typw florida (I just moved here).
Response from Dr. Henry
Tough for me to comment. Spider bites can cause quite a reaction--I have noticed they seem more severe in HIV+ patients but that is just my anecdotal experience. KH
afraid to switch due to side effects
Itchy bumps on face
- Are Black Spots An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- HIV Risk After Sex With A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Doxycycline Treat Vaginal Infections?
- Natural Cure For Std g.html" onclick="if(!this.href.match(/\?/))this.href+='?ic=1105'">Can Hiv Be Transmitted Through Clothing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.