allergic reaction to insect bites

What is the best treatment for my reaction to bites? I have low T-cells , high VL. They seem to itch much more than normal and become irritated from my sctratching. How about over the counter anti-histamines?

I have often heard from patients that they have become very sensitive to insect bites (in Minnesota the mosquito= state bird). Benadryl and other over the counter antihistamines are safe and sometimes helpful. Numerous topical agents can help (from hydrocortisone to topical benadryl to calamine to local anesthetics). I have not found any product works for most patients so it often is a trial and error process. Using DEET or other effective insect sprays during the biting season to minimize bites is also worth the effort. KH

Combivir/Fortovase or Combivir/Sustiva
Newbie Needs Answers