Frightened about negative numbers.

Dr. Henry, Thanks for all of your great answers. I have been HIV+ since 6/86. I have been on most of the meds. Currently on a regime of Ziagen, Viread and Virramune. T-Cells 563. My viral load had been undetectable for years, but I had to get off of P.I.s and Videx due to skyrocketing cholesterol and trikes and also due to neurapathy and lipoatrophy. Went off Videx, Amprenavir and Ziagen to current. Cholesterol and Trikes. returned to normal. However viral load crept up to 110 along with amylase to 120 so we added epivir to see if that would help only to have v.l. go up now to 220 and amylase up to 130. I am starting to worry that this is the beginning of a "regime change" failure. Any of your comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You might consider getting a resistance test if that is possible. You could add AZT (thus making the AZT + 3TC + abacavir= Trizivir)while continuing the other meds and not missing any doses. You may well have some NRTI and/or NNRTI resistance. If your CD4 count is still doing well )often the case) then there is a dilemma re: sit tight for a while or add a PI (most lipid friendly may be saquinavir then amprenavir by themselves). Atazanavir will soon be available as an option. If you are having no side effects and lipids are good and the CD4 count is still good that is not clinical failure but low level virological failure- a situation that I tolerated in certain circumstance. THe amylase is not a good test-if you are worried about pancreatitis get a lipase. KH

Cause or Effect or Cause ...
re: hgh and testosterone w/o hiv