CAUSE OF ERYTHEMA NODOSUM- MANTOUX TEST?

I AM A YEAR OLD FEMALE WHO TOOK A MANTOUX TEST ROUGHLY 3 YEARS AGO TO TAKE CLINICAL IN NURSING SCHOOL. THAT SAME DAY I STARTED TO EXPERIENCE EDEMA OF BILATERAL LOWER EXTREMITIES, JOINT PAIN, AND NODULES WITH REDNEESS AND BRUISIN OVER THEM. AFTER A WEEK OR TWO OF TESTING, A DERMATOLOGIST DIAGNOSED ME WITH ERYTHEMA NODOWSUM. THE ONLY INVESTIGATING THAT THEY DID WAS A CHEST XRAY. NOTHING WAS EXPLAINED TO ME, EXCEPT THAT IT WOULD GO AWAY WITH ASPIRIN A DAY. IT DID SUBSIDE WITH THIS TREATMENT QUITE QUICKLY. I DONT RECALL BEING ON ANY MEDICATIONS AT THE TIME, OR HAVING ANY OTHER SYMPTOMS. SINCE THEN I HAVE HAD A CHEST XRAY FOR PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING IN PLACE OF THE MANTOUX, AND ANNUALLY, I SIMPLY SIGN A WAIVER. COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW EXACTLY TB IS CONNECTED TO THIS REACTION. ALSO , DO I NEED TO BE AVOIDING THE MANTOUX TEST? AND SHOULD I WORRY ABOUT REPEATING CHEST XRAYS EACH YEAR? I HAVE LOOKED ALL OVER FOR ANSWERS. A SEE THAT EN HAS BEEN LINKED TO TB, BUT MY MANTOUX WAS NEG. I WAS NOT PREGNANT, AND AS I STATED PREVIOUSLY, I WAS NOT ON ANY MEDICATIONS. I AM IN AN RN, AND IT CONCERNS ME AS MUCH AS I AM CURIOS. HELP! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

It would be helpful to have specific information about your HIV status and which HIV (other other drugs) you are taking. I full history and physical examination would also be recommended to sort out your situation. KH

PN
Diarrhea