positive since 1985

The reason I know I was positive so far back is I was in the HEP-Study and they re-tested the blood samples being stored in S.F.Ca.! Current issue I'm facing is LACK of ability to sleep, and constant swollen sinus that makes breathing difficult when laying down to sleep, resulting in PANIC when windpipe closes if on my back? Is 3TC a known drug that can cause sleep issues? I was on Kaletra/Viread/Videx/videx was reduced to 250mg because of conflict levels using one of the other drugs etc.The 3TC was added about two months ago and I think it might be associated with keeping me awake? What's you're opinion on that factor? I just started an STI based on the fact I can't sleep, and have been living on two to four hours a night for many weeks! ALSO, all the doctors can't understand or treat my sinus effectively even with steroid Flonase, also tried others and flonase works 50 effective. I also have gained forty pounds of weight using the Kaletra! Three pills twice a day. I'm not vane, but along with the weight gain comes back pain, fatigue,tender liver, perhaps swollen Pancreas, there so close together who knows? I had zero detectible viral load and hover between 250/350 T-Cells for the past 1.5 years! BUT, between the lack of sleep and loosing my mind and actually being afraid of my bed along with the development of panic attacks from breathing problems I decided to junk the pills and see the outcome? I didn't start HIV/MEDS until around 1994. Been on most of what's out there and this load of meds was considered salvage treatment but worked to treat HIV, but is now it seems failing me for OTHER side effect reasons? I have had as low a T-Cell count for six months time of (8)T-Cells and NEVER caught any illness OI's. Each time I have resumed drugs they have always worked to supress the virus! However, I've never gained back a HIGH T-Cell ratio, although my overall blood ratio is around 14now and has been as low as 8 and I understand they like to see 15. Sorry, I forgot what reading they are talking about here, but I'm sure you likely know! There's much more to my long term survival but I'll limit it to this and see what you think I should do?

At my site I use a sleep consultant to sort out problems with sleep since I believe that it is a complex subject that necessitates specific expertise (just like HIV). I also get a psychologist involved. 3TC doesn't usually cause sleep disturbances. Your HIV meds can interact with a wide range of other medications (prescription or otherwise) so a review of all of your medications by a pharmacist might be helpful also. KH

Interactions between HAART and complementary therapies for Women
hgh and testosterone w/o hiv